Caroline McCartney is president of Caroline McCartney, Inc. affiliated with Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Towne Realty. A top-selling Realtor® since 1979, she received the 35 year Longevity Circle of Excellence Award in 2015 from the Hampton Roads Realtors® Association. Caroline has been consistently awarded the Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Towne Realty Chairman and President’s Circle Awards for outstanding residential sales.
In November 2017, Caroline was selected by Old Dominion University for the 2017 Honorary Alumni Award for her volunteer contributions as a Trustee for the ODU Educational Foundation and the Women’s Initiative Network (WIN). Caroline is an Executive board member of WIN. The WIN mentorship program matches industry leaders with an ODU first generation undergraduate female student. Mentors and mentees are matched based on similar background and career interests. Among her awards are the Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities – Humanitarian Award (2017), YWCA Women of Distinction Award (2014), the ‘Good Neighbor Award’ from the National Association of Realtors® (2008), Inside Business – Professional Woman of the Year (2007), Hampton Roads Professional Business Woman of the Year (1993), and ‘Realtor® of the Year’ by the Hampton Roads Realtors® Association (1989).
Caroline, a Luxury Collection Specialist, has been a top selling Realtor in the Hampton Roads market since 1979. She is a leading sales executive and president of Caroline McCartney, Inc. and is in the top 1%-2% in the nation for sales leadership and volume. Caroline has been a winner of the Hampton Roads Realtor Association Circle of Excellence Award every year since 1979.
In 2008, Caroline was selected by the National Association of Realtors for the Realtor Good Neighbor Award (5 awards nationally each year). In 2007, she was selected as the Inside Business Professional Woman of the Year. Caroline has volunteered with St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital Southeastern Virginia Chapter since 1991 and has served as chapter President. As President, she focused on membership, community awareness, and local fundraising for the hospital’s research. In 2007, she served as chair for the St. Jude’s Dream Home built in East Beach Norfolk. This project raised more money than any other Dream Home for the charity nationally and still holds the record. Hundreds of volunteers, contractors, and donors contributed to this effort. Since 2008, Caroline has also supported the TowneBank Extravaganza Live Auction, which raises money for the TowneBank Foundation.
Caroline has served Horizons Hampton Roads, Inc. as a board member, committee chair for the Live Auction, and currently an Advisory Board member. Horizons Hampton Roads partners with private and public schools to provide free enrichment and learning opportunities for low income students from Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Virginia Beach during the summer.
Caroline is also the founder and coordinator of Operation Winter Coats, a volunteer grass roots effort to provide warm winter coats every winter for children and mothers who need them.
Caroline’s current and past community and business participation includes For Kids, Inc., and YWCA Board; Caroline is also a founding board member of Norfolk TowneBank Board, Peter G. Decker, Jr. Children’s Charities, and The New E3 School Board.PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- HRRA REALTOR® Circle of Excellence – Since 1979
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Chairman’s and President’s Circle Awards
- YWCA Women of Distinction Award for Volunteerism 2014
- National Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Award Winner 2008
- Inside Business Professional Business Woman of the Year 2007
- Hampton Roads Professional Business Woman of the Year 1993
- HRRA REALTOR® of Year Award Winner 1989
- Virginian-Pilot Newspaper Best of Best award Winner
- Top Producing REALTOR® Residential Sales – Since 1979
- Luxury Collection Specialist for Residential Properties BHHS Towne Realty
- BHHS Towne Realty Luxury Collection Executive Comittee
- Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities Humanitarian Award – 2017
- Old Dominion University Honorary Alumni Award – 2017
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – Fundraiser & Board of Directors SEVA (Past)
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Dream Home® National Chair of Year 2007
- Old Dominion University – Women’s Initiative Network Executive Committee
- National Association of Realtors Good Neighbor Award – 2008
- For Kids, Inc. (Homeless Shelters) – Board of Directors (Past)
- Horizons Hampton Roads, Inc. (Disadvantaged Youth Programs) – Advisory Board
- TowneBank Foundation – Extravaganza Live Auction Committee (Past)
- TowneBank Norfolk – Board of Directors
- Old Dominion University – Educational Foundation Board of Trustees
- Operation Winter Coats (for Disadvantaged Children) – Founder
- E3 – Elevate Early Education – Board of Directors
- Peter G. Decker, Jr. Charities – Founding Board Member